Scrum Sense offers premium Agile and Scrum training and is a
leading consultant on Agile methodologies to businesses large and small.
Scrum Sense offers Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Product Owner Courses, taught by Certified Scrum Trainer, Peter Hundermark.
Scrum Sense also offers Foundation and Advanced Kanban Courses taught by LKU-accredited Kanban trainer, Dr. Klaus Leopold.
We consult to organisations large and small that have a passion to become more agile. They recognise that agility is the key to surviving in a changing world.
We use Agile and Lean methods such as Scrum and Kanban in combination with conventional organisational development techniques.
- Fab! Learned a lot. Facilitation was great + helped ito driving home a new learned skill set.Samantha Payne, Absa (Certified Scrum Master Course)
- Enlightening - clearer vision of my role in team. Recommend. Wish whole team could attend.Ulindi Van Zyl, Derivco (Certified Scrum Product Owner Course)
- Energising, refreshing ideas/techniques which can practically implement & aid in Leading Self Organised Teams. Highly recommend!Melany Hassett, Team Lead and CSM, Derivco (LST course)
- I like that the training facilitates learning in an agile way. The flight levels and classes of service added the most value in terms of areas of uncertainty. My learning over the 3 days equips me with enough to make meaningful change.Richard Askham, Internet Solutions (Kanban Change Leadership)
- Agile will change your role as a manager. Embrace this change early enough with the right tools: The LST masterclass is your hardware store!Ryan Herd, BPM & Workflow Manager, Silica (LST course)
- Thank you! Enjoyed learning about the perspectives & processes of Scrum. Enjoyed the interactions and challenging discussions. Scrum is dynamic & organic and I look forward to learning more to better facilitate the team. All the Best.Michelle Riley, Dariel Solutions, (Certified Scrum Master Course)
Peter studied engineering and commerce. He has worked in IT for a very long time and in many roles including software development, sales, marketing, product management, general management and, of course, project management. He has led numerous projects for high-profile organisations in South Africa and North America. He has worked with iterative and incremental software development processes since 1999, focusing on Scrum and Agile practices since 2006. He started Scrum Sense in 2007. He has introduced Scrum into scores of development teams locally and in Brazil. He leads certified Scrum training classes in South Africa and elsewhere. He is a Certified Scrum Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer.
Dillon comes from a commercial and e-commerce background and has fulfilled varied roles during his career, whilst living in the UK for 12 years. These include Customer Relations Manager, Commercial Buyer, Marketing, Project Management and IT Management. He soon discovered his passion for IT and progressed into a more technical role, heading up the IT Department of a successful E-Commerce company in the UK. During this time, Dillon discovered Scrum, born through frustrations of managing software development projects using the traditional waterfall approach.. Dillon’s passion and dedication enables him to share his experience by helping and coaching individuals, teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Management Teams in the Lean and Agile approach. He is currently a committee member of the Johannesburg chapter of the Scrum User Group of South Africa in Sandton.
Joanne is passionate about helping teams and people grow and improve. She is a graduate of PSL (Problem Solving Leadership) and has worked for more than a decade in the software industry in all areas of software development. Interested in both people and process improvement, she is continuously learning and finding better ways to solve problems. Joanne has been a Scrum Master and Agile coach since 2009. She is a committee member of the Johannesburg chapter of the Scrum User Group of South Africa and was a speaker at the Scrum Gathering in Cape Town in 2013.
Amy is a Bachelor of Commerce graduate and has worked in the field of finance for the past 9 years. Amy joined Scrum Sense in 2012 after returning from the UK. She is responsible for ensuring all the back of office logistics run smoothly. She is lucky enough to work from home and be a part of an awesome company.
Mike has worked almost 20 years of professional IT experience, since joining Internet Africa in 1995. During this time he has performed roles in internet support, network and operations management, software development, software project management, large scale public-sector technical implementation rollout projects, and has had ample experience interfacing with professionals at all levels of the organisation. He has successfully led numerous teams through a variety of different technical projects.
Mike received his Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Practitioner and Certified Product Owner qualifications between 2005 and 2007. He has performed the role of Agile coach at organisations since 2005 such as Korbitec, MiXIT, Allan Gray, Hetzner, MWeb and Clue Technologies and has been dedicated to helping organisations implement Agile methods to achieve results. Having spent significant time in the trenches, Mike has a first-hand view of many of the issues that can arise in practice.
Danie is an independent consultant. He has experienced the difference between good and bad agile and it has opened his eyes to how agile should be approached.
Danie holds Honours degrees in both Computer Science and Technology Management. This combination gives him a deep understanding and empathy of the challenges that both business people and technical people face.
He is a public speaker with appearances at the Scrum Gathering in South Africa, and at Agile Africa.