Scrum Sense offers premium Agile and Scrum training and is a
leading consultant on Agile methodologies to businesses large and small.
Scrum Sense offers Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Product Owner Courses, taught by Certified Scrum Trainer, Peter Hundermark.
Scrum Sense also offers Foundation and Advanced Kanban Courses taught by LKU-accredited Kanban trainer, Dr. Klaus Leopold.
We consult to organisations large and small that have a passion to become more agile. They recognise that agility is the key to surviving in a changing world.
We use Agile and Lean methods such as Scrum and Kanban in combination with conventional organisational development techniques.
- Fab! Learned a lot. Facilitation was great + helped ito driving home a new learned skill set.Samantha Payne, Absa (Certified Scrum Master Course)
- Enlightening - clearer vision of my role in team. Recommend. Wish whole team could attend.Ulindi Van Zyl, Derivco (Certified Scrum Product Owner Course)
- Thank you! Enjoyed learning about the perspectives & processes of Scrum. Enjoyed the interactions and challenging discussions. Scrum is dynamic & organic and I look forward to learning more to better facilitate the team. All the Best.Michelle Riley, Dariel Solutions (Certified Scrum Master Course)
- Awesome course, very interactive and informative. Absolutely coming back for the Advanced course. Thank you Klaus.Doug Crawford, Entelect (Applying Kanban Training)
- Knowledge-busting, mind blowing, exciting, enjoyable, practical, sensible, plain down awesome....a great course to be on!Yusuf Desai, Derivco (Applying Kanban Training)
- Agile will change your role as a manager. Embrace this change early enough with the right tools: The LST masterclass is your hardware store!Ryan Herd, BPM & Workflow Manager, Silica (LST course)
Peter studied engineering and commerce. He has worked in IT for a very long time and in many roles including software development, sales, marketing, product management, general management and, of course, project management. He has led numerous projects for high-profile organisations in South Africa and North America. He has worked with iterative and incremental software development processes since 1999, focusing on Scrum and Agile practices since 2006. He started Scrum Sense in 2007. He has introduced Scrum into scores of development teams locally and in Brazil. He leads certified Scrum training classes in South Africa and elsewhere. He is a Certified Scrum Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer.
Joanne is passionate about helping teams and people grow and improve. She is a graduate of PSL (Problem Solving Leadership) and has worked for more than a decade in the software industry in all areas of software development. Interested in both people and process improvement, she is continuously learning and finding better ways to solve problems. Joanne has been a Scrum Master and Agile coach since 2009. She is a committee member of the Johannesburg chapter of the Scrum User Group of South Africa and was a speaker at the Scrum Gathering in Cape Town in 2013.
Amy is a Bachelor of Commerce graduate and has worked in the field of finance for the past 9 years. Amy joined Scrum Sense in 2012 after returning from the UK. She is responsible for ensuring all the back of office logistics run smoothly. She is lucky enough to work from home and be a part of an awesome company.
Mike has worked almost 20 years of professional IT experience, since joining Internet Africa in 1995. During this time he has performed roles in internet support, network and operations management, software development, software project management, large scale public-sector technical implementation rollout projects, and has had ample experience interfacing with professionals at all levels of the organisation. He has successfully led numerous teams through a variety of different technical projects.
Mike received his Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Practitioner and Certified Product Owner qualifications between 2005 and 2007. He has performed the role of Agile coach at organisations since 2005 such as Korbitec, MiXIT, Allan Gray, Hetzner, MWeb and Clue Technologies and has been dedicated to helping organisations implement Agile methods to achieve results. Having spent significant time in the trenches, Mike has a first-hand view of many of the issues that can arise in practice.